The following is the key publicly available information on the concession in the Phnom Penh International Airport authority.
– SCA will carry out additional investments in PPIA in the next five years
– The total project cost is estimated at this stage at $72.0 million ($8.2 million due for past expenses; and $16.7 million of loan refinancing)
– The airport project may include an expansion of 600 m to the southwest (runway lengthening and widening, construction of a parallel taxiway, expansion of apron and warehouse facilities)
– An estimated 500 families may be affected
– Up to 1 million USD has been set aside to compensate people who are evicted. (if evenly divided amongst 500 families this would be 2000 USD per family – barely enough to build a new home).
The followong documents contain further information:
Crucially, the Resettlement Action Plan is not publicly available.
The Municipality of Phnom Penh has also “examined disaster management within and surrounding the airport compound” .